SMS Relentless™ is a Nextcloud application that allows sending and receiving SMS messages in Nextcloud.
A telnyx.com or plivo.com account and a real phone number acquired from one of the two providers are needed.
- 🚀 Use one or multiple local phone numbers in countries of your choice, to send and receive SMS messages with your browser, on any device connected to the Internet.
- 📑 Sent and received SMS messages are stored in the database per sending/receiving user and can be viewed in paginated tables with filters for every column.
- 📔 SMS messages older than a specified number of days can be deleted in bulk with one click and they are automatically archived in csv files stored in Nextcloud, before being removed from the database. This makes them available for future analysis.
- 💻 Sending SMS messages to thousands of recipients is easy: a txt/csv file containing the recipients’ phone numbers is uploaded and the same SMS is sent automatically to all. The time interval between two consecutive messages is configurable.
- 🔏 Incoming SMS message requests are checked for authenticity by verifying Telnyx’/Plivo’s signature.
- 📧 Users receive notifications and (optionally) emails when new SMS messages arrive.
- 📄 Each sent message receives a delivery receipt displayed in the Sent SMS Messages table.
- 📱 It works with regular ‘long code’ (10-digit) phone numbers, but also with ‘toll-free’ numbers and ‘short codes’. Users see a list with their current phone numbers and can set them as Sender IDs. Setting alphanumeric Sender IDs is also possible.
- 💵 It allows checking the current Telnyx/Plivo balance by selecting the provider on the left panel.
- 💰 The only ongoing cost is about $1 per month (depending on the country) for an SMS enabled phone number located in a country chosen by the user. No contracts.
- 💸 Very low prices per SMS: starting from $0.0025 per sent message and $0 per received message (Telnyx) or $0.0050 per sent message and $0 per received message (Plivo) in the USA.
Double Bastion is not affiliated with Telnyx or Plivo.
Send SMS message
List received SMS messages
List sent SMS messages
Send SMS message to multiple recipients
Filter messages by date and keyword
Delete old SMS messages
SMS Relentless works with all major browsers.
SMS Relentless only uses PHP, SQL, jQuery, CSS and HTML. This means it’s robust, efficient, light-weight and easy to maintain and debug.
- Nextcloud 22+ has to be installed and properly configured, preferably by following the Install Nextcloud chapter in our guide.
- A telnyx.com or plivo.com account and a phone number associated with it.
- The libcurl PHP library has to be installed on the server.
To enable email notifications for every received SMS, the
sendmail utility (
/usr/sbin/sendmail on Debian Linux), has to be present on the server.
sendmail is a binary which gets installed when Postfix is installed. Also, the web server user (
www-data) has to be allowed to send emails from command line (by specifying
authorized_submit_users = www-data in
/etc/postfix/main.cf for Postfix on Debian).
This chapter of our Complete Guide to a Complete Linux Server explains in detail how to install and use this application.
The GitHub SMS Relentless repository is just a pointer to the official SMS Relentless repository. We don’t use GitHub for developing SMS Relentless because GitHub is owned by one of the companies that proved their disrespect for digital freedom over the years and because centralized services create autonomy and privacy issues, in spite of all the benefits.
If you want to contribute code to this project, please submit this form, mentioning your intended changes. We’ll send you the credentials needed to push code to the “contrib” branch of the official repository. After we review the changes, we can include them in the project.
Please post any bugs that are not security related, or feature requests, on the issue tracker. If you notice bugs related to security, don’t post them on the issue tracker; instead, send them to manager [at] doublebastion [dot] com .
SMS Relentless as a whole is licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License Version 3. If you use SMS Relentless or distribute it in modified or unmodified form, you will need to comply with the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License Version 3.
SMS Relentless includes libraries licensed under different free software licenses. These libraries contain their respective original copyright notices.